Job ID: 4915
Employer: Cytokinetics, Inc.
Position: Director DMPK and Analytical Chemistry
• Strong scientific leader with broad scope of responsibilities related to AMDE, DMPK, Bio-analysis, and TK support for programs from discovery through to clinical studies as required. These activities would include but not be limited to ADME assay suites for optimization efforts, bio-analysis, in house and contract non-GLP and GLP DMPK and Toxicokinetics (TK), as well as aspects of Quality and Analytical method development in support of the discovery and progression of drug candidates.
• Have strong managerial capabilities and supervise a group of BS/MS/PhD scientists.
• Manage internal and external research and development team activities to meet project milestones.
• Participate effectively in R&D staff and project teams from Hit Characterization, Lead Optimization, Candidate Selection, IND preparation and beyond including support of clinical trials, product development and commercialization.
• Accountable at the level of the Executive Committee for deliverables.
• In the context of drug discovery, works with other departments and external resources to identify and define strategies for compound progression.
• Manage ongoing technical activities including developing detailed technical work plans; selecting suitable vendors for the various activities; managing the performance of the vendors and preparing periodic updates for senior management.
• Responsible for collaborating with Regulatory Affairs to prepare appropriate sections in regulatory filings.
• Interface with Clinical Development and development project teams on DMPK and bio-analysis related issues.
• Investigate and recommend technologies and companies for product development and research programs.
• Collaborate effectively with Business Development and Legal teams in securing agreements with external parties to provide required services and collaborations.
• Will also be responsible for ensuring good communication with collaborators on partnered programs and for working closely with co-project leaders from partner companies.
Requirements: • PhD in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics, or related scientific discipline and 7 or more years industry experience in pharmaceutical product development and cross-functional leadership (or a masters plus 10 or more years relevant industry experience).
• Hands-on ability to trouble-shoot and help solve scientific and technical problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, established track-record as a team player
• Ability to assimilate complex, multi-disciplinary inputs / data and develop and present recommendations to peers and senior management.
• Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of AMDE / DMPK related issues from project inception through commercialization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate ICH regulations and guidelines.
• Ability to travel.
• Direct experience with DMPK aspects of regulatory filings for pharmaceutical products
• Proven project management skills
• Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
Post Date: 4/11/2012 8:08:11 AM
Analytical Services for pKa, logP, logD, solubility, dissolution and enhancement with formulation additives and excipients.
Vanton Research Laboratory, LLC
Preformulation, Formulation Dev, HPLC method dev, dissolutions, disintegration, water content, microbial. Commercial product release and stability.
Chemglass Life Sciences
Manufacturer / distributor of lab equipment and glass / plastic products for cell and tissue culture, preparation and storage.
Submit a Text Ad